Library of the Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices
BfArM has a scientific library specialised in the following fields:
- Drug legislation
- Analytical chemistry
- Medicine and medical devices
At present the library has a stock of 26 000 volumes including an extensive collection of pharmacopoeias and drug lists. Many books and periodicals are available in the open-access area.
Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices
Phone: +49 (0)228 99-307 3224 /3335 /3223
Fax: +49 (0)228 99-307 3636
Andreas Duda, Phone (ext.) 3335
Martina Appel, Phone (ext.) 3223
Info-Desk, Phone (ext.) 3224
Monday to Thursday:
8.30 - 14.30
8.00 - 14.00
Here you can consult the List of journals, magazines and periodicals 2012 (file size: 55 KB) of the BfArM library
Please observe the instructions for use:
- The BfArM library may also be used by persons not belonging to the BfArM. It would be helpful though if you could inform us of your visit in advance.
- A photocopying machine is available at the library.
- Periodicals, bound in volumes, beginning from 1993 are available in the open-access area. Should you wish to consult earlier issues you are kindly requested to give us a call so that we can arrange for the volumes to be at your disposal when you need them.
- You will find a survey of the titles we have in List of Periodicals.
Current issues are not always available at the library right away because they are first circulated for information of the staff. A call in advance may prevent your coming here in vain.